Crock pot sausage, peppers and onions
This one is super easy and great for everyone! It doesn’t take all day so no need to defrost anything the night before. A girlfriend suggested I make this for a potluck and it’s stuck with me for an easy go-to week night meal. I started mine at 1pm and it should be ready by 5pm.
- package of Publix brand mild Italian sausage
- one large onion
- one or two large green peppers (mix with yellow or red for variety)
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Turn crock pot on high and add sausage to the pot.
- Slice peppers and onions and add them on top of the sausage.
- Add in the two cups of chicken broth – make sure you check the ingredients. I did encounter a vegetable broth that unbelievably had milk as one of the ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or until sausage is cooked through. Serve over rice or gluten free pasta! Super easy and delicious!